Monday, January 26, 2009

Jan 26, 2009

¿Mba’e chapa?

SO, you have a lot of questions, so I guess I’ll just get to it, in order of appearance.

Well, here, I’m not really sure, but you have about a 50/50 chance of staying with your kid. So I’m really not sure whats going to happen, however there are like 17 Elders leaving this change, all of whom are zone or district leaders, so there is going to be a ton of people going up. And there are 3 of us who have the same amount of time in the mission out in this district, all of whom are qualified in my opinion to go up to district leader, so we know E. Reid is staying because E. Tinco is leaving, and so its possible that E. Hermosilla or I or the both of us could leave to go up someplace else. I don’t know, I guess what I’m trying to say is that we’ll probably see a lot of changes and a huge re-organization of the mission this change, so anythings game.

But it was a great week with getting Eddy baptized, but unfortunately he couldn’t get off work on Sunday, so we still have to confirm him and ordain him to the priesthood, but that’ll just have to wait til this Sunday. It was awesome though, Elder Spencer sang and I played the guitar to a song that’s called ‘His Love.’ I’m not sure who its by. But out here the heat continues, but it is a little bit cooler out here than it is in Asuncion, mostly because there’s less humidity I think. But yeah, we’re enjoying the work out here in Saltos, though this past weekend, my greenie was what we call tore up inside, he had the runs SO BAD. I felt so bad for the kid. We spent all of Saturday in the house, but I managed to pull people together to do a division and run out at night and visit a couple people to get plans set up to get them to church the next day. We’re not sure what it was that caused it, but that poor kid went like almost 30 times in 24 hours. I felt so bad, cause my system can take whatever for the most part, but it just destroyed him. Oh, and I’m happy to inform you that the color of our walls is still the same… I guess they like that color here or something. However, in the move my camera battery charger was lost, so I’m unable to send you photos cause my camera is dead now… I’m looking really hard for a charger, because I’ve seen them around town before, but I’m having some troubles. But I’ve torn apart our new apartment, and my charger is nowhere to be found, so I need to get a new one. But I haven’t made it over to the mall yet, and I’m pretty sure I should be able to find one over there. If not, I might have to beg you to send one down to me. It’s the type G sony charger for a head’s up.

But yeah, Asuncion is pretty big I guess… but its not that big I don’t think, its just that when you like want to cover every square inch of the city with a pair of missionaries and all they can do is walk, the areas have to be kind of smaller. So you never get areas, or hardly ever, that cover the whole city of say, Saratoga. That would be carved up into 2 or 3 areas, just because of the distance involved. And the sister missionaries, of which are many gringos, serve in the main city areas, where its safer and closer to the office. But man, sister missionaries are just amazing, they tear it up from what I hear. But I’ve never been in a zone with sisters, so I’ve never had close contact. But yeah, things go on down here in paradise. Oh yeah, I got all your photos from the bowl game, looked amazing out there! Anyways, hope you have a good week, tell Cole to keep zipping along on those ski runs so he’s all ready for me when I get back.

Love,

Elder Dennis

No comments: