Monday, July 21, 2008

July 21, 2008

Tranquilo, I figured something like that had happened, since I knew you had a crazy summer going, but wow, I didn't know just how crazy. And its absolutely loco that Haley is out of the house...

And no, I haven't gotten the birthday package yet, but I'm excited to get some more soundtracks. Last of the Mohicans is absolutely amazing. And I couldn't tell you what kind of things you sent me, it looked like they were just the cheapest ones you can find, but they were GOOD. I haven't used all of them yet, because I save them for special occassions, but right now I'm in Luque, about a half hour by colectivo from my house... entonces, no puedo decir.

Anyways, things with my companion are pretty much awful, he is a very special son of God, but I'm doing my best to help him out without going crazy, and right now I'm getting a ton of help from E. Moreira, but especially from his new companion, Elder Bischoff. He's so sweet, we just chill and talk, he's just real chill and a good kid, so I'm grateful the Lord knew what he was doing when he sent him to Salado. Right now we're also working on a song, and its legit.

On to some of the crazy stuff, so at like 4.30 am on thursday morning, I wake up to the sound of water running, and since the tap in the bathroom never stops, I figured we just forgot to turn off the water to the house like we normally do at night, and being ODD I cant sleep with it, so I go to put my feet down to find my sandals, and SPLASH...
There was a good half inch of water over the surface of the entire house! So I get up and I'm just like shoot, and that wakes up E. Cameron, and I run into the kitchen, were what happened was our water went out last night, and someone left the faucet on, so when it came on in the middle of the night and a plate was covering the drain, the water decided to fill up the sink and spill over onto the floor. But we spent like an hour cleaning it all up. That was fun. It still smells like a flood in our house.

Also, I gave a talk on Sunday... with 5 mins prep time! Yeah! It was awesome. Actually, I think it turned out to be a pretty good talk. It was about 10 or 12 minutes long, talking about baptism. I've realized that as missionaries, all we do all day long is give 20 minute talks to people, on all the different aspects of the gospel, so all you gotta do is get up and act like you're teaching a lesson. Its cool stuff, the orginization they have here in Paraguay. Oh, and this past week especially, I've come to realize on who all the responsibility of a standard Paraguayan ward relies. Number one, the Bishop, who is king. The people just don't get how the Presidents and 1st and 2nd counselor are supposed to do stuff too. Everything they need they go straight, and only, to the bishop. Number 2, the missionaries. We are the home teachers, visiting teachers, and any other kind of person that checks up on the members in their homes. But the Bishop, who is young and a returned missionary, is really trying to get things to work, but no one will support him. They're just stuck in their ways, and its really frustrating and sad when you have to explain slash argue with the members that the bishop is actually doing things right and that they shouldn't be mad at us cause its been 2 weeks since we've been able to visit them...

But anyways, I gotta go. Love you lots,

Elder Dennis

No comments: