Monday, July 13, 2009

July 13, 2009

Hey there peeps,

So yeah, things are going good. I’m stoked you guys were able to find an empanadas place in the city, but I really hope they’re good, because there are a ton of different types of empanadas here, and only a select few are just amazing. But that’s great that Tara enjoyed going to church while she was visiting. And stop making me trunky by telling me about people who are getting married. It’s not too far away for me, but its still not gonna be any time soon. It’s so weird, Elder Wagner keeps hearing from his buddies too that they’re all getting married and stuff, I can’t believe we’re actually moving along in life. I mean, 21? That’s just old. I mean, when I get to August, that will put me at exactly how old dad was when you two got married. That’s just crazy!

Oh wow, I wish I had a mission mom I could text and ask for delicious foods! I mean, I wish I could just text people... the mission ran into too many problems with the ability to text on the phones ... so yeah, since I’ve been here there hasn’t been texting on the phones. We still run into problems like when we show up for a lunch appointment and the Sister is like hey, I sent you a text message telling you that I couldn’t feed you today and we’re all like but we still don’t get text messages, like we told you last week... so yeah, that’s fun. I’m not gonna lie though, I have some sweet sisters that are like my mission mom. I don’t get any crazy good sweets, but they’ll hook us up with cocido or fresh juice when we show up, and its all good. Anyways, I was just trying to say that Elder Fiala is lucky man. One, he has you guys, and two, he goes home in one week... Totally not fair. I only have 7 months left though, because today, I officially hit 17 months in the mission. Yup, one more and I’ll be 3/4 s of the way through this mission thing.

We made some sweet hoodies as a zone last week, and we passed those out today at district meeting. They didn’t turn out half bad, considering we only payed $12 for each one. Yes... I love being American in Paraguay. But is the flu thing that’s going around that bad back home? Because its like shutting down Paraguay... starting this Sunday, we’re only going to have the Sacrament meetings at church, and they’re not even having church in Argentina. And that’s just the church, it’s affecting everything here that involves people forming groups. It’s hitting hard at our investigators, and at us too. I have a pretty bad cough, and my comp is like dying, but we’re making the best of it. It helps that I got a free brownie with ice cream today at TGI Fridays... cause I just happen to be the waitress’s ‘boy of my dreams.’ So yeah, that was cool. It was very awkward, but I got free desert, so I’m not complaining.

But yeah, don’t worry about the shoes, I’ll just pick some up here. There’s some decent quality ones that you can find, and like you said, they only have to last half the time my Eccos did.

Love ya lots,

Elder Dennis

PS Tell Haley I love her but I ran out of time to write her this week. :D

No comments: